Emeritus Professor of Law and Emeritus Fellow of St. John's College 1998-
CBE, QC, LL B 1954, LL D 976, Lond, FBA, 1988, FRSA 1990, Barrister (IT) 1988, Hon Bencher, (Solr 1955-88); Hon. DSc Econ (Lond) 1996; Hon.LLD (University of East Anglia)
Website and full cv: Website and full CV
Current positions and relevant former positions
- Emeritus Professor of Law and Emeritus Fellow of St. John's College 1998-
- Norton Rose Professor of English Law at St John's, Oxford
- Professor of Law 1971-73
- Crowther Professor of Credit and Commercial Law 1973-89
- Director, Centre for Commercial Law Studies, 1979-89,
- Dean of Fac and Head of Department of Law 1976-80, Queen Mary College
- Vice Chairman Exec Committee, Justice,
- British Institute for International and Compomparative Law
- Member, DTI Committee on Arbitration, 1985-
- Member Civil and Fam Committee of Judicial Studies Board
- Member of Committee on Consumer Credit, 1968-71
- Member of Monopolies and Mergers Comm 1981-86
- Chairman IBA Advertising Advisory Committee, 1976-80
- Joint Vice Chairman, Commn on lnternational Practice of the International Bar Association
- Chairman, Pensions Law Review Committee, 1992-93
- Visiting Professor, Melbourne University, 1975
- Australian Commonwealth Visiting Fellow, 1975
- Visiting Professor, Monash University 1984,
- Falconbridge Visiting Professor, Osgoode Hall Law School, York UNiversity, 1987;
- Commonwealth Banking Corporation Visiting Professor, Monash University 1988;
- Thyssen Visiting Professor, University of Hamburg 1999;
- Bruce W. Nichols Visiting Professor of Law, Harvard University, 1999;
- G.J. Wiarda Visiting Professor, University of Utrecht, 2003.
- President of the Council of the International Postgraduate Law School, Belgrade, 2003- .
- Former Board member of London Court of International Arbitration
- Roy Goode, Commercial Law, 3rd edn (Lexis Nexis 2004)Other notes: A major revision after the lapse of nine years from the previous edition. Many chapters were substantially revised to take account of a mass of case law, far-reaching new legislation, new international instruments,EC Directives, changes in export practice and revised INCOTERMS, as well as many new ideas.
- Roy Goode, Principles of Corporate Insolvency Law, 3rd edn (Thomson Sweet & Maxwell 2005) Other notes:After eight years this work has taken account of much case law on corporate insolvency, major changes introduced by the Enterprise Act, a new chapter on the European Insolvency Regulation and an expanded treatment of cross-border insolvency to reflect UNCITRAL Model Law. It is one-third longer than the previous edition.
- Roy Goode, Legal Problems of Credit and Security, 3rd edn (Thomson Sweet & Maxwell 2003) Roy Goode, 'The Avoidance of Transactions in Insolvency Proceedings and Restitutionary Defences' in Andrew Burrows and Lord Rodger of Earlsferry (eds), Mapping the Law: Essays in Memory of Peter Birks (OUP 2006)